Just kidding on that last post, btw.
Wow. Something good happened this last weekend.
History: Many of my friends know this story, but I will try to tell it briefly for those who haven't heard it. In highschool, I had a best friend. This girl was like a sister to me. We did everything together. Her family was nearly like my own. Her father was a big movie buff (you know how I love movies) and we would sit and talk about old movies, and new movies, and all of that. Her kid sister played the violin and we always called her brat and would shoo her away. I spent the night at her house, and she would spend the night at mine...every week...I went on her family vacation with her...you know with all the extended family...grandmas, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. (there was a third friend who would hang out with us, and she would sometimes get jealous because I was the one chosen for the family trip ect., --I always drove the three of us around in my mom's big green buick...neither of them could bear to be the one who was relegated to the back seat...so we would all three sit in front. Looked odd I guess, but we didn't care. Same thing with spending the night. We would all three pile into a double bed to sleep....and we even spent a few nights in my twin bed...all three of us!---cheese buckets that we were...we would sing the song sisters to nearly anyone who would listen....sisters, sisters, there were never such devoted sisters...silly dorks) anyway...when I was a senior, S was a junior.....near the end of this year she began to hang out with some other people.....those people some of you might call "the bridgeway crowd" now.:)...a lot of those people went to my church.... she tried to include me in their group...but I didn't fit in. Maybe I didn't want to fit in. They were the worshipping, singing, raise your hands up in the air (and sometimes be fake) group. I have nothing against what they were doing....but I felt s was being totally fake....and anyway...we started to drift apart.
(I won't tell you the stupid fight that A and S got into over underwear....well, okay...both were pretty skinny in highschool....I mean A was anorexic for goodness sakes, and S got mad at A because she thought A was calling her fat because she had bigger underwear!!!!! Anyway...the ice was beginning to break, and the tension was high...it was almost coming to a point where I was going to have to choose between A and S...which made me mad in and of itself. A later on wrote her a note (I was in college at this point) which asked, why are you not hanging out as much with us anymore....S wrote back that she needed to hang out with people who fed her spirit....who could add to her spiritual life or something....basically saying that we weren't godly enough for her.....and I never spoke to her much ever again. We were in choral ensemble together at church, but we didn't speak much to each other. I still hung out with her family. I taught her sister violin lessons. I taught four year old choir with her mom...saw them all the time. Anyway...as you can probably even tell from this email....i was pretty bitter about it. I don't know that anyone has ever hurt me more than she did...or at least it was at a time in my life when I felt very vunerable. So anyway....i held that grudge for years. When I would see her I would cringe. But Saturday night when I saw her...I realized...I didn't feel any hurt at all, and was in fact glad to see her, and wouldn't mind hanging out with her and hashing out some of our old times together. We had loads of fun in highschool. Water Balloon fights, water gun fights, dancing to beach boys, pool parties, giggling and laughing..and of course talking about boys, a lot of those boys whom I saw at the wedding a couple of weeks ago....some really good times.
Tuesday, March 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment