Isn't it funny how one situation in your life can color so many others. If you are worried about one thing, all of a sudden so much else seems hard, but when that one thing is over all of a sudden everything seems peachy. You wouldn't have the world any other way than what it is....:) (outside of maybe a few minor adjustments)
Today was a little hetic. I had to get all my grades turned in.....which I am a notorious procrastinator. I have elections coming up for student council and have to have the election apps ready to give out by tomorrow. I had to plan for all my classes....gold rush with stuco is beginning to take off, and I started a new class today that I have never taught before--Leadership.! Anyway, the day is over and for at least the next few hours there will be peace and calm. or at least I am hoping.
I did well this last weekend. Everyone said the party was maginificent, and suprise suprise....i am the most comfortable person in front of a crowd in my family besides my dad who wasn't there until my mom arrived...so I greeted all the guests at the door...and everyone said I looked really good....some of them I haven't seen in several years...and then I went into the fellowship hall, and quieted the crowd and gave them instructions about what was going to happen when my mom arrived, and took charge of really everything except serving the food.
My dad's family is really classy. My grandmother, and her two sisters and children look like they stepped right out of a sophisticated magazine of the 40's or 50's....when I was little I would always look at old pictures of them, and dream about who they were, or what life was like back then...it was almost as good as watching an old movie with Lauren Bacall, or Grace Kelly, or
Ingrid Bergman....I love their style....everything about them says look at me and take notice because I am something.... anyway...my dad's cousin regina is one of these ladies. She is about 75 now, but she still looked as gorgeous as ever (almost)....anyway...when we were growing up all of these ladies played the piano, and would always play the piano when we were together, and we were all supposed to stand around the piano and sing with them....yes! I am serious!...you know...like...Just a Closer walk with thee....or some popular song from the 40's. Anyway, about half way through the party my dad's cousin pulls out her accordian! What a riot. and pretty soon we had one table of 5 ...who were my dad's only relatives there ...(out of about 50 other people) who were singing along with her to Edelweiss, and other songs.... They were the classiest people at this party (all my mom's relatives are red necks) and here they looked like the nerdiest bunch playing and singing with this accordian....:)
Monday, March 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment