Do you ever regret losing that person in your life that you can talk to. you know, REALLY talk to. There are usually only one or two people in ones life...if that...who you feel that the mask is dropped, and you have no pretense. Come on, admit it. Even you folks who totally believe you are open....you have your pretenses too. But there are a couple....HOPEFULLY at least one with whom you can totally be yourself. They know exactly how awful you can be. They know all of your faults, and flaws and still seem to find value in you. It is a special thing when you find a person like that. I have one girlfriend I can be like that with right now. Different others from my past.....my, I have been on a past kick lately haven't I? Whoever you are out there....thanks for listening. I can lose all pretense with you too, and you still seem to listen. You may not have seen all of my sides yet....but I am sure they are coming....wait for my anger. The wrath of Sweet T is not a pretty sight.:)....but anyway....here are some quotes from an oscar award winning original screenplay. Some good thoughts.
Clementine: Joel, I'm not a concept. Too many guys think I'm a concept or I complete them or I'm going to make them alive, but I'm just a fucked up girl who is looking for my own peace of mind. Don't assign me yours.
Joel: I remember that speech really well.
Clementine: I had you pegged, didn't I?
Joel: You had the whole human race pegged.
Clementine: Probably.
Joel: I still thought you were going to save me. Even after that.
Clementine: Look man, I'm telling you right off the bat I'm high maintenance. So I'm not gonna tip-toe around your marriage or whatever it is ya got goin' on there. If you wanna be with me, you're with me.
Joel: Okay.
Mary: Adults are like a combination of sadness and phobias.
I wrote a big long thing about what this means...but I erased it. I think the quotes can stand for themselves. Read them again.
Stay tuned. I am going to have a trivia quote-a-thon! See if you can name that quote.
i LOVE movies. I really do. Almost as much as books. Go ahead and call me Velma....:) I know you want to.:)
No comments:
Post a Comment