Saturday, March 26, 2005

and then there were none.

I have been in a very *non-people* mood this week. I am sorry if I upset any of you because of it. I just occassionally need a little space to figure things out. You can not imagine the lack of space I have at school. Seriously, both from the kids and the teachers. Maybe other people don't need that occassional space like I do? Thursday at lunch I had about 20 kids come in about German Club..and our German competition, another group came in asking about elections, M came in asking about what we are going to perform for the battle of the bands, Melissa J came in asking for advice about the prom, and other students came in just wanting to talk....all of this was going on at the same time...trying to talk to 5 different groups at the same time. I finally told them all to get out because I needed to go to the bathroom. That's what you have to do to get to go to the bathroom at school--announce it. From here on out....school will be hell. We have a gold rush teacher's breakfast on thursday, and so the madness begins. 5 weeks, 5 weeks, 5 weeks....just hold out for 5 weeks...People say those who can't do, teach. Or that we have so much time off...we never work....I challenge any of you to come in and try to do what I do on any given day.....it is a juggling act of stress. From my kid being dragged out thursday to go talk to the police about a possible robbery he was involved in, to the principal showing up and five seconds later dropping all your plans for the day to get supplies--and organize the decoration of the activity center for 9th grade visitors. As I have said before I am good with that kind of stress...i can juggle it. But it does have its after effects. Dealing with the emotional problems of youngsters....dealing with the kid who says he wants to set someone on fire...going home and dealing with grandmas and others who go on and on about the potential of you being killed by a wacko kid while on the job.
hmmm? Why am I a teacher again? Probably because they statistically die earlier than many other professional careers.....hmmm...that makes sense, right?
And by the way....just so you know...I can DO and TEACH!:) You got one talented little sweet t here....somebody better grab her up before her boobs start sagging because she is one cute talented little jem. :):) (Only thing is she can't spell....so please forgive her this one small oddity in her character....yeah, okay....on top of her other oddities.:):))

No comments: