Friday, March 11, 2005

little house on the crazyville

Here's the post I wrote yesterday and couldn't get on here.

Today I had cozy comfort in my bed again. I love mornings when there is really no fear to get out of bed, but just savoring the moment of warmth, and peaceful bliss seems almost more than heaven can offer....
Last night was really nice. I went to Barnes and Noble for a about an hour and shopped around while drinking a cafe mocha (WITH whipped cream----i decided to live dangerously). I saw all sorts of things I want to buy. Several books, several DVDs. I also remembered how much i love biographies. and how much I love Maureen O'Hara. She is one of my favorite actresses. Is their anything much better than the Quiet Man with John Wayne, and her?....and of course that favorite classic Miracle on 34th Street....anyway...when I was a child (and for periods of time since then)...I would inhale biographies. From ones you would laugh at about Helen Keller and Annie Oakley to Queen Elizabeth I and Mary Queen of Scots. I loved reading anything about Katherine Hepburn, and Doris Day, and Lucille Ball.... And last night I was dying to buy one about Jaqueline Kennedy Onassis, and one about Maureen O'Hara. I showed restraint. At the moment I don't feel like I can afford to buy anything....so I didn't buy it...yet.

I was thinking about my little community here at school and comparing it to the show..little house on the prarie (stick with me here):) It is so self contained here. It is the smalltown mentality. Such dramatic, and melodramatic things are occuring all the time. Everyone is connected to everyone else. Nothing happens without it rippling out into the wide open. The whole town shows up for the school musical. Everybody is in this life together. And by the end of the day, everyone is crying because we have survived it through one more day, and all of a sudden everyone feels tremendous love for each other, and Michael Landon gives us a little moral to live by. Lady who was having affair with principal no longer works here. she was transferred to one of the jr. highs. principal's wife and principal went to musical on seperate nights. my pregnant student didn't get into night school. student who stole $7,000 from parent's safe still hasn't coughed up the cash (spent most of it on magic cards), and nazi kid cussed out schizo kid during my class while i was gone last week...boy's father committed suicide last weekend...funeral was yesterday...Tuesday night at school soccer game 2 of our students got red cards and 5 got yellow ones, and one teacher was told she had to go home and not watch the game because she was getting in fights with the other team...Another janitor is quitting today. Says he has mold poisoning from our school. It is in his blood and affecting his immune system. This school squeezes the life right out of us.....but the strong heart will prevail.:) M (who likes band) got married, and now his wife has had a death in her family...leaves on honeymoon to england next week...I have almost decided not to go to cancun.. i think that catches you up on the big details....
oh...got distracted about last night though....i also had a guitar lesson....Brought my guitar to school yesterday, and played Beverly Hillbillies theme song for everyone. My teacher has suggested that I am beginning (and I stress beginning) to move into the intermediate level. I am going to be awesome one of these days. I think I am going to be a folk singer....:)...i can't sing...but that is a minor detail, right?:)
I am learning the Shining right now...guess who wrote it?...yep BDB.:)...it is for cello and guitar (and french horn...but i think i might just try using two cellos instead)...besides this I am still working on Moon River...and with a vengeance now!

No comments: