Sunday, March 27, 2005

I knew it was love....

So I wasn't going to tell you what new song I found on the internet to play on my guitar....but I think I will. Well, I will tell you that it is Nickel Creek. It is a really gorgeous song. The words have played through my head frequently the last couple of days because I have been playing it so much, and today being ressurection sunday and all..I was driving to my parent's house and...I started crying....yes I did. A tear slid down my cheek..thinking of God's love for me.

And he knew it was love
It was one he could understand
and He showed me his love
and that's how he hurt his hands.

I saw his love between my parents growing up...they showed me his love, I saw his love through his grace and protection the time I was so close to being raped....I felt his love during all the glorious months of loneliness in Europe...my friends show me his love daily in their laughter, and their joy and their hugs and leaving easter baskets on my front porch...they even show me love in their pain by sharing with me, and show me love in my pain by letting me share with them.
yes....I knew it was love....I recognize love.....that's how he hurt his hands.

1 comment:

jenn said...

Yes, we do love you : )