Thursday, March 03, 2005

Million Dollar Baby SUCKS!:)

Okay, so maybe that is too strong of a statement.  But strong opinions are strong opinions.  When I went to see this movie with my friends, I really enjoyed it.  It was emotionally moving, and the actors were great. But later, I began to think about it, and I thought.....you know I don't know if it is much better than a made for TV movie with a little hollywood glitz thrown in.  I mean REALLY.... how many times have we seen the plot?  And the ending....if we already hadn't had enough...we have to put the moral question of euthanasia into it?  oh please.  It was too much.  Losing legs and tongues, and whatnot....hmmm....don't get me wrong.  It was a good flick, but academy award winning?  Maybe just most movies sucked this year.  I know that most of the world is going to disagree with me....but here is what I think.  At least what I think today.:)   
The fog on the way to school today was terribly dense.  It was as thick as milk.....okay...well maybe as thick as skim milk...but I already have blurred vision, and then with the fog....:(  I accidentally got off at the wrong exit (the one where I get off every day...that's for you jenn) because I couldn't see the road signs...or see any of my visual cues as to where to go.  I was laughing at myself.  I am such a nut sometimes.
 
Learning how to do German Polka now....some of my kids want to enter the German competition at OBU in polka dancing.  Did I ever think I would be doing THIS  five years ago.  I never realized I would be running a circus.  Dancing, violin playing, karaoke, kissing pigs, and bashing cars.:)
 
--One of our phrases in our books for this chapter is "what are you doing this weekend"....we were playing some bing (we call it bing not bingo...just for kicks) and I called out the English and they had to  recognize the German.  So I said, "what are you doing this weekend" as one of the choices, and Randall...whom I have known for three years...completely crazy boy said, I don't know, What are YOU doing this weekend ms. l?  We could do something together.  and I said Ha, ha, ha.  Then he said, Just make sure you wear what you did on Monday.  What do you say Ms. L?(Note to self...never wear outfit that I wore on Monday to school again)...and I said, Randall  we already had that discussion at panera last year!  And the whole class knows that I saw him at panera and he wanted to hang out and I said no. So the class went...ahhh, burn!  and stuff like that.  They have been teasing me about going out on "hot dates" and stuff like that lately.  crazy kids.
 
 

No comments: