If you know me at all you know that I love mornings. I love the world when it is quiet, when the sun is just coming up, and the flowers rejoice to see it. When the dew is still wet on the grass. I love coffee houses in the morning too.....when i say morning...i don't mean 10am. I still enjoy the world at 10am, but I am talking 7am, and 8am. My favorite activity, and most rewardingly peaceful activity is to just take a few minutes to let the world sink in...to observe it, and enjoy it before I speed off on my day to the worries and hopes of millions of children (okay, not millions...but some)...or to have a day where I know that I can spend all day in a little cafe if I wanted to....saturdays and sundays....books and little cafes both give me this sense of peace.
Here is a part of my story: (it basically says the same thing as above).
Winter and the sun is shining. it is one of those beautiful cold, crisp, sunny days. One that the gods rarely grace us with. I know few of my generation agree with me, but mornings are the best part of the day. That is they are free from stress and work. Sitting in a cafe, writing, reading, talking to dear friends, watching people--these are those moments of happiness which appear as rare pearls--dazzling and understated at the same time. It is a moment of peace. So quiet and unassuming few people even see it. They actually attempt to destroy it because they can't stop--stop and observe. People say they want peace, but they really don't. Or maybe they don't know what peace is. perhaps that is the problem.
Tuesday, March 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment