Busy busy days. But I would rather be busy than bored, right? When i think of all I have to do in the next few weeks it makes my head spin. German competition, I am in charge of a 5K Run, and a 3 on 3 Basketball tournament, District conference for STUCO, teachers breakfast next week...Enrollment where we provide food to the teachers all day...extreme makeover contest for the teachers, Student Council, Junior Board, and Senior Board Elections, Prom(just supervising....and if any of you want to be my date for that let me know.....:)...there is nothing more fun than going and spending several hours with a bunch of overdressed ...and scantily dressed teenagers....:)...and all of this is just April, and my busy month is May...:)....well, anyway the first week of may. That is what we call Gold Rush where I am expected to raise over $10,000 for the school....
I complain a lot, but some of you are probably figuring out that there is a part of me that takes some joy in this...in being in charge...in feeling like that school couldn't function without me. You will be tired of hearing me complain before the next 8 weeks are up...but just remember that I am really taking it more in stride than I sometimes appear. I am sure I will write a few posts about the world falling apart...how I may not cope...how I am drained, and sinking into the abyss....but I will survive, and come out on the other side a better person. I really have learned a lot by doing some of these things...this combined with a few things in my personal life are really helping me to become the person that I think God means me to be....still a long way....but I am in the process, and that is a good feeling.
This is a word picture of me:
Long brown hair, brown eyes....and sometimes glasses. Very slightly plump, and average heigth(sp), clumsy and yet graceful....down to earth, and yet dreamy. No-nonsense and yet a space cadet. Organized, and cluttered. Always smiling....either smiling or crying....mad, depressed, or euphoric. non-emotional, and yet overly emotional. Smart, and yet often clueless. Loves movies from It Happened One Night, all the way to Run Lola Run....loves books...from Jane Austen to David Lodge....loves music from Nat King Cole to Wilco....loves people.....loves to dance.....loves soccer.and which ruins my ankles because I run on my tippy toes taking tiny short steps....and loves to perform. (yes i do despite what I might tell you otherwise...it is partly the reason I like being a teacher so much)--and I long....desperately long to one day find that man which I think is so cool, so smart, so funny, so sweet, and who adores me. I know when the time is right I will---when I have baked long enough and am done, and ready.
Went to dinner with Keith on Friday night and had the BEST dinner ever. We started with spinach dip which came with little pieces of toast. Then we had the best salad with toasted goat cheese or something in it. Then I had cheese tortillini (sp) in a creamy pesto sauce. It was all so good! We didn't get dessert though...but later on we went to starbucks and I had some cheescake and coffee. Italian is one of my favorite types of food.
I suppose I should quit talking about food, and food metaphors (maybe I am hungry) and begin thinking about teaching. The students arrive soon...and I must be ready to fill their heads with hopes and dreams of what they can become and convince them of all the potential they have just waiting to be fulfilled....bright futures, bright hopes....bright eyes...
No comments:
Post a Comment