Thursday, March 31, 2005

Huh?

So today I arrived at school full of vim and vigor. I saw my students in the parking lot, and I started singing....OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MORNING! And it was a beautiful morning. It was a beautiful day. Thanks for your prayers, my friends, my strangers, my void....because today was a nice day. I made pancakes for the entire staff, taught my German class one of the most important and hard grammatical lessons of the year, got out gold rush applications for gold rush royalty, made the ballots for elections, when to lunch duty ON TIME, Got posters made to put around schools....got some kids to volunteer for the food we have to provide for enrollment next week, got applications out to the teachers for the extreme makeover contest, got transportation requests for both my student council field trip, and my german club field trip, got a lead singer for my all teacher cover band, got the little gym reserved for the dodgeball tournament, got a call into the Junior High to reserve the gym for the 3-on-3 Basketball tournament....havent' done anything about DDR yet, but I even think I have a PIG!!!!! to use for the assembly. Wow, you know what! I might survive.

But I dream of a car.....a comfortable clean car, and a suitcase...full of just the things I love...and a road....a long strech of road....where the music floats around my ears, the road never ends, the sky never stops, and I am hugging the white line....all the way to the end. On each side I see mountains, I see water, I see lakes, I see people.....I feel the breeze in my hair and I am free....I stop the car at a park, and I get out....I see a lonely tree...I walk towards it and sit under it. The sun is warm, the shade is cool, and the breeze is soft...I have a pen, and paper....or a book...and I sit and dream....dream of a world that is not too different from what I see.....a world where beauty is waiting to be swallowed....a world that seems large, and glorious....a world that is affected by my every touch....i see my reflection in the lake, I dab my fingers in the water.....the touch moves from my hand to the water, to the grass through the world and finally to you. I may be distant, but I am here. Feeling, breathing, longing, dreaming....just like you. I get back in the car, and return home.

No comments: