Thursday, March 24, 2005
Responsibilities???? NEVER!!!!:)
Moon River....wider than a mile....it runs through my head constantly these days....playing it on my guitar...singing it to whomever will listen. I can already tell this is going to be a great weekend. I got my Vogue magazine in the mailbox yesterday, and I have no school tomorrow. I am becoming a master guitar player, and have nothing else to do beside go to three shows, play one myself, play a soccer game, teach a lesson, go to my grandma's and out to breakfast with my family. Responsibilites at a minimum. It is what this little t needs. and my huckleberry friend is watin round the bend....what is it about water that I love so much? Water and scenery. I guess there seems to be something stable about it, and at least when I am sitting next to it...it is usually calm, and quiet. But even the power of the ocean, or a roaring river has something about it...the strength...it is a force all of its own. Maybe I should take a pilgrimage to visit every important body of water in the U.S....a road trip. Anybody up for a road trip? Well, fine then. I didn't want to go with you yahoos anyway.:) The kind of road trips I like to take though are the lonely ones. Just me, or me and one other person who understands the quiet of the river, and the majesty of the sky. The beauty of the cliffs, and hills..the joy in a field of wildflowers, or the last lonely daffodil left of spring....someone who enjoys to hike, and walk, and also sit and think on a porch or in a porch swing, and refrain from talking altogether as if a monk who has taken vows of silence in order to hear that which happens outside of our own voices, to see the bluebird, and hear the dog barking in the distance......and yet also understands the excellence in a city scape, enjoys to look at the people as they are rushing to and fro through the city....the nice ones, the mean ones, the ones full of fear, the ones full of hopes and dreams. Likes to get out and feel the cold hard pavement against their feet...be in the world....looking and seeing everything that man and God has to offer....this would be my dream trip....has been my dream trip before....just two drifters...moon river and me...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment