Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Two mini vinettes

German Boy who loves Wrath of Khan has been staying after school everyday to talk to me.  He is in my second and fourth hours (we have four hours a day), and he drags behind the crowd in order to be the last one in here, and then he finds something to talk about.  We make our senseless jokes of jibberish.  He LOVES German.  I have to admit he is my favorite student.  I am amazed that so many of my students absolutely LOVE German.  They seem to feed off of it.  I guess I am doing something right.  They might actually make me love it one of these days too.:)  I guess my boys have been leaving quotes all over the school in German.  It makes me a little fearful because I know some of these kids, and the things they might write that nobody else realizes.  I came back from being gone last week, and my nazi kid (obviously his handwriting) had written on the board "We must exterminate the Jews"....YIKES!.....even though only my students know what it means....i erased that real quick.  I know that others have put stuff around the building like "I eat baby legs" and similar things....oh, oh....my little angels.  One of my kids told me the other day that he was told that the two best classes in this school were my class, and Ms. Harris' mythology class.  hum.  I am not sure I want to be in the same category as Ms. Harris....but at least my kids are learning German.  They are dying to learn German.   All my sweet little drug dealers, and nazi kids.  Did you know that we have had two shootings and one death in our district in the last two weeks?  And I am known to be getting some of the toughest kids in the school. 
There is a kid in the musical who plays the cowboy Will....he reminds me of Corky in Waiting for Guffman.  He tries so hard to be hick.....but he comes off like ...."pa, you taught me how to be a man!"....if you have seen this movie...you know what I am talking about.
Finally, (this is more than two stories...and these really aren't stories at all...) I have a kid in my second hour who I think is paraniod schizophrenic.  My brother's best friend has this, and he has some of the same characterstics.  He wants to leave his bag in my class before school because he is afraid of what his first hour will do to it.  He hates nearly every kid in my second hour and gives them bad looks (he likes me....most schizo's apparently do) and looks like he is hallucinating, and conjuring up the powers of satan most of the time.  You probably will tell me that he is doing drugs, but i don't think he is.  However, all lot of the other kids are afraid of him.  They go between being afraid and teasing him.  I am not sure what to do here.  Speaking of my brother's friend.  I have one of my most traumatic stories of my life (I have about three) that has to do with him.  I used to have nightmares, and whenever I would see him I would nearly go into panic attacks.  Seriously, I would have to breathe deeply and slow my heart down just to cope....I haven't seen him in several years... I might tell you that story sometime.
I wasn't going to write today.  But i guess I blew that one.:)

No comments: