Thursday, March 24, 2005

I'm lame

I love to be at home. I really do. When I am just a little tired, or drained..there is nothing better than a pamper sweet t evening. Sorry you have to listen to this....but here it is. Tonight, I put my hair in pigtails, put on an old CD that I hadn't heard in a while, and turned off all the electric lights. took a bath, (which made my eyemakeup smear a little around my eyes...giving me a little bit of a racoon appearance...) and just laid on the couch in my terry cloth robe while just letting the darkness envelope me. Pretending that the songs were speaking to me, or held some sort of meaning for my life. Can I express to you what the darkness, dim light, and the quiet music does for me? Maybe one day when i become a *good* writer, you will know. It's so beautiful that it can bring me to tears. The solitude..the slight melancholy...the ability for the moment to block out the world and all of its worries, all of its fears. For the moment I have a protective cocoon...warm, dark, and close to me. No one expects anything of me here.

Two songs which I heard tonight that I forgot how much I love--
one was The Scientist by Coldplay and the other is Mercury Rev's A drop in time...here are the lyrics to the last one. Usually I am a lyrics girl....music which combines good lyrics with it just really gets me....this one has pretty good lyrics, but the music is even WAY better. I love it.

A year is just a drop in time
It cannot touch the female form in my bed

She is just a friend of mine
In the dark she knows
The touch of my hand

Let the music play like you want it to
Let the sun shine light in your hair
Let the moonlight play
At your feet like a babe
And softly linger there

Her words profane, her mouth divine
I tried to sympathise with both sides
But I was caught, like a fleeting thought,
Stuck inside Leonard Cohen's mind

We met on a beach in Greece
And parted on a rusty Spanish stair
Two birds in the distance fly
They land and they settle down,
Somewhere

A year is just a drop in time
It cannot touch her female form
In my head
She was just a friend of mine
In the dark she knew
The touch of my hand

No comments: