Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Broken Vases

God we are angry.  why does it always seem to work this way for us?  I know that life generally sucks.  But why are me and my friends struggling so much?  Why does it seem that everything is falling through for us...both for my married friends and my single friends?  I think I should make a tv sitcom out of our lives....we are just weird enough, and just dramatic enough to be on the edge of normal, and therefore interesting.  Today I was leaving my house, and at the last minute I decided to put my brown blazer on because it is brisk outside but i didn't want to put on an all out coat....so i swing the jacket around to put it on and I hit my glass vase that sits on my plant stand.  It fell off and broke into a million pieces.  I looked at if for a second, and then turned around and walked out of the house.  The broken pieces are still on the floor back at home.  Made me think of us.  All of us are broken....we are struggling to cope and understand.  Sometimes we just want to turn our back on the broken pieces and forget they exist, but they are still there....unless we or someone else picks them up it is never going to change.  We may be broken, and wondering how it is all supposed to work out...but those cracks and flaws will only make us more beautiful in the long run.  Those experiences which are breaking us into pieces....sometimes we must be broken before we can move on.  I am just talking in big english stupid metaphors right now....each one of you that I call friends are so dear to me.  I see beauty in each of you, and your cracks and flaws often only make you more beautiful...more interesting....more fascinating.  God has really blessed me.  There are so many people out there who once they get out of college feel alone....ARE alone.  They no longer have that social outlet...a group who supports them and loves them, and is there for them.  I have that.  I have that doubly so.  The Lord has been doubly good to me (anyone catch the song lyric?  If you do...then you go, lover of cheesy gospel music from the 80's)...:)
We are broken.  We hurt. We feel.  But just knowing you are there...yes YOU....any and all of you....makes this journey of life bearable....and exciting, and wondrous.
God we are angry.  But anger is not always bad.  It is how we deal with that anger and move on.  It is being angry, but still trusting you.  It is realizing even when things don't go as we planned, we look around and realize there are still bunnies running in the woods, and good friends always around the corner.  Seeing and focusing on what you have given us, and maybe....just maybe...excited about the journey you have for us.  If one journey ends.....then we know the next journey is about to begin. And who knows but that it will be the journey and joy that we have longed for our entire lives.

No comments: