Friday, February 04, 2005

Wilco and Caverns

There is this teacher guy at my school who is really cool. He is the journalism teacher here. He went to highschool here in the 90's, went to UCO to college, and is now back to teach. He is the head of the debate club, produces the yearbook and newspaper, and is really busy most of the time (but who of us new teachers aren't busy all of the time?) Anyway, he is into a lot of local bands, and is really intelligent. I enjoy talking to him. He LOVES Wilco. He came in to my classroom at 9:30am on Tuesday and said...tickets for Wilco go on sale at 10am, do you want one? Of course! I said. So he ordered us tickets. Wilco is one of my favorite bands. I love the Hummingbird song on the new album. I saw Wilco once before in Memphis, but I don't think they have been here since 97, or something like that. Anyway, M. saw my band play earlier this year. It was before we had met, and when we did meet , he asked the name of my band and he said NO WAY! i saw you guys play in August! You guys are awesome. That was a really cool moment. Looks like my band is going to play again finally in March.

2 comments:

kluge girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kluge girl said...

sorry...wasn't trying to be sneaky there....accidentally deleted my post....anyway, i said...yes, chrissy...he's very cute.:)