Monday, February 07, 2005

Need

Oh....today was hell. Yes it was. I am so tired, and so sick of this day. I hear Ms. Little, Ms. LIttle, Ms. Little, Ms. Little....it will be ringing out in my dreams. Children with their sticky hands and smelly bodies. Children who smell like cat litter. Principals visiting your class. Living in squalor with no janitor. Losing all ability to express myself... Children with duct tape. Children hanging off of you, children who are so needy. Needing their t-shirts, needing receipts, needing someone to lead their meetings, needing help with their homework, needing supervision in the lunch room, needing your classroom during lunch to hang out in, needing needing needing. Needing you to play the violin, needing you to provide special work for homebound students, needing grade reports. Me needing someone else to talk to, to give to, and to hug me, and having no one. No kind ears, no warmth, no peace. A very quiet house. Just me and the mice. Well..., as Scarlett O'Hara would say....I'll think about it tomorrow................

No comments: