Sunday, February 27, 2005

What a difference 10 years makes....

Yesterday I went to the wedding of a friend that I knew in highschool. He was one of those tag alongs that I took under my wing. I was the big bad senior with access to my parent's car, and permission by the state to drive. So I ended up driving everyone around in highschool. This kid that got married....he was a freshman in highschool when I was a senior. I always thought of him as little Blake. And his friend as little Waylon. These two boys would sit in the back seat of my car, and then roll the windows down and jump out of the car through the windows acting like they were on the Dukes of Hazzard. I really did love them like little brothers. And the funny thing is, that now....I have friends who are younger...some even years younger...who are my best friends. Isn't funny....the difference between 14 and 17 was enormous, and now it is not even worth mentioning. But I still think of him as little Blake...even though his hair is thinning, and he looks like a man. And Jumpin Jehosphat! Waylon is quite the handsome man. Really really cute! I hadn't seen some of these boys in probably 10 years. Waylon was in an expensive suit and had slimmed up a little. He actually winked at me, and I think I went a little woozy!:) I was actually in love with his brother when we were in highschool. His brother was my age. He ended up going to Nashville, and is involved in performing there all the time. Does pretty well from what I understand.

No comments: