Thinking about that wedding again....I saw so many people there that used to be such an important part of my life. Sort of makes you a little melancholy for the past. I don't want to go back there....but it is a part of my life that I have really left behind. There was one friend of mine who I saw a little over a year ago. I took a friend to the hospital in the middle of the night, and she happened to be there so I talked to her for about an hour. She was at the wedding, and I talked to her for a bit. Another girl was there and she and her twin sister were good friends of mine. The twin sister has decided she is a lesbian and no longer associates with the family, or any of the church people....It is so weird because these people are basically strangers, and yet at one time in my life I knew so much about them. It makes me wonder about my life right now. Who will I be in 10 years, and will I be friends with any of the people that I give my undying love and devotion to? Will I see them nearly as strangers when I happen to run into them ten years from now? Will I be trying to come up with chit chat, and talking about my life and job and all that stuff that really doesn't matter....that is really just the surface? Oh madam, so what are you diong now? Oh really? That must be interesting. Teaching, eh? I of course made my little flippant comments which I can do so well when I decide I am going to put on a show, and everyone laughed and chuckled heartily.:)
Anyway, I sit here and wonder, what parts of my life are going to fall to the wayside? Will we grow together or grow apart? Sort of makes me a little sad and dreamy.
Monday, February 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment