Sunday, February 06, 2005
People who drive you nuts
For every person out there who drives you nuts, there are probably two more who are driven nuts by you...., and I was thinking that I should be very careful with how often I get annoyed by others. Two reasons came to mind as to why a person could bother another person. One of them we talked about in small group last week....and really maybe both my reasons could boil down into this one. And in fact I think I will put it into one. There is something in that person which either stirs up emotions that one doesn't want to deal with because of experiences, or the past, or they exhibit a characterstic that stirs up emotions because they reveal some insecurity of your own. So when I get mad at someone else for being annoying....perhaps I should instead look back at myself, and wonder why. If they are loud, is it that I am afraid that I won't be heard? If they are bossy, or controlling...is it that I am afraid of being a doormat? If I get angry at them, is it that I am afraid they don't need me as much as I need them?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment