Why do beds,and covers always seem the most comforting, the most cozy on those days when one has to leave them prematurely? There was delight, and sorrow at the same time. Delight and joy with the cocoon of comfort, and sorrow at the sound of the alarm. Perhaps if I wasn't playing soccer until midnight, I would not have been so delightfully tired. Goes with out saying that I hit the snooze button a couple of times before I was actually up and awake. I left the house later than usual. It was actually beginning to turn light outside when I left. Usually it is just turning from dark to light after my thirty minute drive to school.
Anyway, last night was the Pagaent. It was so much better than last year, and so adorably cute. All the boys were great. The theme was sci-fi. They used music from the Lips--(Pink Robot), and star wars, and the boys did a choregraphed song at the beginning with the pom girls to Men in Black. Very cute. I was so proud of my little German boy. They were asked questions about which sci-fi hero would they be, and what was their favorite sci-fi movie. Most of the boys said Star Wars, (one said Tron which I was proud of)....but my student said he wanted to be Captain Kirk, and his favorite movie was the Wrath of Khan. :) Most of these other boys were just posing as sci-fi nerds, but it was obvious that my German kid was the tride true and blue stuff that nerds are made of.:)
The guy who won was also a big nerd....well, goofy, and in band...not preppy at all. He was in my German Class last year, and was one of my most devoted German Club Members. Last night for his talent, he had on a funny wig, and a white t-shirt which said vote for Alan (his name is Alan) and boots which came up over the jeans, and he danced like Napolean Dynamite. He was hilarious, and actually a really good dancer for a nerd. He really pulled it off. He wore a zoot suit for his formal wear. Oh...these guys were so funny.
Last year, I remember he got such a kick out of my class. We always play jepoardy to study for our tests, and one time I had a category which said "der, das, den, or DIE!!!!!!!!!!!! (Die in german is prounounced Dee, but my students always mispronounce it, and so I did too that day, and said it dramatically) they all thought it was so funny. I think they like me because I am a basically optimistic sunny sort of person, but I have a bit of sauce to me. A bit of an edge, or dark side. I am a lioness in smurf-berry clothing.:)
No comments:
Post a Comment