I love Paris in the springtime,
I love Paris in the fall,
I love Paris in the winter, when it drizzles,
I love Paris in the summer, when it sizzles,
I love Paris ev'ry moment,
Ev'ry moment of the year.
I love Paris,
Why, oh, why do I love Paris?
Because my love is near.
Ms. C got to go to Paris this last weekend. She came to one of my classes today and talked about everything she saw and did. It reminded me of my own trip to Paris several years ago when I lived in Germany. Paul and I went to France for two weeks, and we spent about 5 days of that in Paris. It was in March, and really makes up some of the most beautiful and romantic days of my life. I don't mean love romance....but just that feeling that life must not get much better than this....that you must be playing some role in a movie in it so great and amazing. The weather couldn't have been nicer. You know that heady feeling you get when spring comes each year, everything begins to grow once again, and you just want to sit on your porch until Christ's Kingdom comes here on earth, and you know it must be soon because the world can't be THIS grand and without peace and harmony ruling all, and you don't want to do anything else but sit and enjoy and take it in? That was what this was like. (see note below)
Paul and I spent afternoons walking about the most famous areas in Paris, and sitting in parks having picnics of baguettes and Camembert cheese. Enjoying the spring flowers, the tulips and jonquils. We would lie in the sun during the day, and take in the atmosphere. We would sit on our balcony with french doors in the hotel, and let the evening breezes blow in and just talk, and enjoy life. Walking at night by the River Siene, and yes I even smoked a cigarello one night by that river. I felt so frenchy...indulgent and sinful...those were my hippie years. My brown hair down to my waist, and wearing all black. Black leather jacket, and sleek black pants, and skinnier than I have ever been in my life. No worries, no cares, and as dumb as I don't know what. I remember one night I walked like two miles back to my hotel in the dark...around 10pm in PARIS!!!!! PARIS for goodness sakes. So dangerous... That was a beautiful trip. After we went to Paris we headed to the south of france....yes, the Riviera, and the Provence. Everytime March comes around I begin to get a little wistful for France. And now with Ms. C.talking!!!!
note:
* Can you imagine what the world...i mean nature WILL be like when all is restored? If Nature is fallen....all the sins that we have committed against it, and it still can be so absolutely astonishing....what will Nature be like when we take care of it like we should....when the rocks and the trees can't help but rejoice that the Lord has made things right....okay...getting a little dramatic here, but...yes...i love nature. I love just looking at it, and taking it in. I love just looking at how a city is set up, or looking at the layout of an area. I would rather just walk around a city, or hike in nature than almost anything on a trip....it is much better than any dusty old museum....i like museums...but they don't hold a candle to what is just waiting there at your finger tips for free...gosh...i just love it....from the sky, to the grass to the trees, to the sidewalks, to the buildings, to the people, to the flowers, to the cafes, to the fountains, to the rain, to the sun, to the fog, to the cold, and to the hot....to it all....
Wednesday, February 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment