North by Northwest
Bringing up Baby
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
It Happened One Night
Casablanca
About a Boy
The Sting
Mr.Smith Goes to Washington
Roman Holiday
(I also want to add Big Country, Some like it Hot, and Gone with the Wind....but my 10 choices are up.:()
Favorite Actors
Jimmy Stewart, Clark Gable, Cary Grant, Robert Redford, Sidney Portier, Spencer Tracy
Michael Caine, Colin Firth, Jon Cusack, and I have to add Tobey Mcguire (just because I think he's cute...well...if i get started on the cute i will never stop....)
Favorite Actresses
Katherine Hepburn, Audrey Hepburn, Kate Hudson, Ingrid Bergman, Lauren Bacall, Kate Beckinsale, Cate Blanchett, Gwyneth Paltrow, Liv Tyler
I like old movies. There is a sense of grace and style about them. There are lots of new movies which are amazing, and great....but the grandeur of the simple, the sense of place, and character, the sense of nostalgia of the classics....I love it. Alfred Hitchcock, Billy Wilder, Preston Sturgis..I love these directors..and obviously the women who are my favorites all have a sense of class about them. Whether they were trying to be strong and be the first woman to wear pants in a movie (Katherine Hepburn), or as traditionally womanly as they come....they all make an impression. They cannot be ignored. There presence demands ones attention.
My love of movies comes from my dad. I grew up watching all the greats. We were movie buddies. There is nothing I can enjoy more than being in a cozy living room with a good friend, maybe some good hot pepperoni pizza, and watching one of the great classics. It recalls wonderful childhood memories, and takes me to that world of glamour and romance again.
No comments:
Post a Comment