So yes. I am writing again. I hope you don't mind. Well, actually screw it. You are the one who popped in to see how I am doing.:) Today I am in one of those sentimental moods....combined with I am going to do whatever I want to and don't care what you think moods....Yes, today I will get exactly want I want. I will bow to no one, and just to warn you....I will unashamedly pout if I don't get my way. Baby of the family syndrome. I have candles lit, and Ray Charles voice floating around in the background. It is drizzling just a smidge outside, and my house has that warm cozy dark afternoon feel to it. It makes me sleepy. Sometime I will tell you just how much I love the word sleepy....
My mom asked me today if Valentine's Day ever bothers me....She said that she and my dad were going out tonight, and my brother and his wife are going out tomorrow night. I told her no, not really. ...But it does a little. I don't care so much about the day....But getting excited about showing someone you care, and wanting to show love....I sometimes wish I had some of those in my life right now. I have had some really great Valentine's Days.....okay....so one really nice one....And I know it is the trend to be anti-valentine's day...anti-commercialized day...anti-bourgeois...but sometimes what I really want is that little American picture of the cozy home...bustling and full of life....I don't want to fight against it....i want to buy into it, and believe that it could be mine someday...
German Club Boy is being stalked by German Club Girl. German Club Boy wrote German Club Girl a Valentine. It said (in German):
Roses are reds
Violets are blue
You smell
and I hate you
Ha! He can't wait to give it to her on Monday. She won't take it seriously though. Kids and their drama are so much fun.
Saturday, February 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment