Saturday, February 05, 2005

friends

I was thinking last night and this morning about my friends, and how each of us are a lot alike, and yet we each are very different and have our own important role to play in our mini-society. Each adds a bit of herself/himself to the mix to create more of the whole. Sort of like the body of Christ. Each adding our strengths to make us stronger, and each trying to make up for the weakness. Alone, our weakness is magnified and important, but together (and with God) we become whole. My weaknessess, for example, are less apparent because of the strength of my friends. And vice versa. Just speaking of the girls in my group (because they are a little more mangageable to speak of). I have one friend who is really cool. She is hip and cute, and has the best taste in music among other things(I know you ALL are going to claim this as your description, but I have plenty of great things to say about each of you). She would give her left and last ankle if she thought you needed it. She has all sorts of knowledge of alternative/underground culture. She is vintage. She loves felt. :) She is wonderfully emotional, and wears her heart on her sleeve. When I think of her I think of the Beatles, happy faces, and patches. She isn't always happy, but I always imagine the sun coming out when she is around.
Then I have a friend who is just crack you up funny. There will be a good chance that mine and her deep hearty laughs will be singing together in harmony when she is present. She can tell a story or a joke almost like none other, and she knows all the funny websites, brightens your day at work with the funny emails, (not those lame ones like most people send, but ones that are actually funny)...she is child-like in her wonder at the world. She gets excited about EVERYTHING, and is interested in EVERYTHING. Her enthusiasm is infectious.
I also have a friend who is stylish, all together, and scarastically witty to a fault. She says her best talent is shopping. I have heard that said before, and wondered how it can be a talent, but with her it is SO true. She has given me lists of tips, and advice that amaze me. She is no nosense, and will tell you exactly how it is. No sugar coating. The world falls at her feet. She is M! Hear her roar.
And me? Well, you are learning enough about me as it is. I will let you form your own opinion on that one.
Although I have many other female friends, these are the women I see most often, and the ones who are in my closest social group. Sometimes I think of us as a family. Sometimes I think of us as the Friends group....sometimes I wonder if we are Sex in the City with all the drama we sometimes face..They are wonderful women. All strong, and all special.

No comments: