Friday, April 15, 2005

U boats and ABBA!

I have a lot to do, but no motivation to do it on such a beautiful friday morning.  Surely I have done enough this week to please the masses.  In a couple of weeks I will have wished that I used this time more efficiently.  It's almost the weekend.  This will be a busy weekend for me.  But also, a pleasant one.
Are you ever afraid and excited about the future at the same time?  Letting go of some things in order to add other things to your life.  Afraid of letting go....knowing you are tired of the rut you are in....the rut which is not leading towards the happiness you want for your life.  But the rut is familiar.  It has its occassional comforts.  In fact, it might be very pleasant if not for the enticement of something even more pleasant out there.  And the knowledge that even if it is a rut....it is a rut which isn't likely to last.  But to REALLY have those things you want you have to venture out of the rut.  You have to take chances, and risks.  Risks of getting hurt, risks of hurting others.  I guess being willing to take these risks are a part of growing.  How will I ever have grown enough to have some of those things I want, if I am not willing to take part in the growing process?
Almost any movement which is not backwards is good, right?....  But then...even those of us in ruts are likely moving a little...it is just so slowly that only the turtles, and late bloomers notice.....

No comments: