Thursday, April 14, 2005

7 hugs

well...the madness continues right? I am beginning to get a little bit of that overwhelmed feeling again. I know if I just take it one day at a time,and keep plugging away at the details, that all of it will come to fruition one way or another. Theresa means harvester, or industrious. When I was in about 7th grade, my sunday school class did a bible study on names. Each week was devoted to a different girl, and we studied verses that related to the meaning of the girl's name. then we chose our favorite and we were given a picture which had our name, and the verse inside of it...you know custom made. Although this was a cheesy eighties thing to do-- to have scripture on pretty much every picture that hung on your wall....I have never forgotten that verse...and when I am busy at times like this I quote it to myself. " Do not lose heart in doing good, for in due season we will reap if we do not grow weary. " God has given me talents in many ways....to those who are given much, much is required. I feel I have a lot to give. Sometimes in order to give the most though I have to say no to other things. Sometimes the "not growing weary" part is letting people know that you need help. Letting people take some of the responsibility themselves. To GIVE away responsibility --People support what they themselves create. Sometimes what I do is not so much the work (although there is plenty of that), but trying to get people excited about what we do here. What I do here.....if they are excited they will help. If they help they will support. If they support, we ALL become successful. Well...whatever, right?...anyway...i am in that mode again. Trying to find 25 shopping carts, pigs, dodgeballs, coaches, extreme makeover pictures, extreme makeover judges...powderpuff coaches, band sound equipment, sound man...transcriptions of songs for the teacher band to play, mc's for the night...setting up audition times, setting up practice times, printing tickets, getting entertainment for the last assembly, get car wash locations, dine out locations, skating party date set, penny wars at the jr. highs, gold rush royalty packets and info....that's about half of it. gosh...i can't believe all this is going to take place in the next three weeks. Well, life's an adventure. Look at the present because that is all we can be sure of. Love you all. I really do. sending one hug your way....wham! it hit you didn't it?!!!!! well....all you can do is pass it on to someone else....that's the only way to get rid of the hug-shock. Remember 7 hugs a day is what is required to be happy (yes, statistics have been done on it....;)....so if you don't get seven?????? Then GIVE seven.:) You already received one from me, so you have a great start. Ciao!

No comments: