Sunday, April 10, 2005

Beware--It's about fashion

I walk into Harry Hines today....a sort of outlet for jewelry and accessories. I was looking for a necklace...thought if I found a good deal I might get a purse. This place has great prices on things....necklaces for $5, purses for $10-25 normally. Well,.....i of course go to the one purse which catches my eye, and it is $91!!!! It had to be the most expensive purse in the store. I am not at the mall...I am not buying Prada. And yet...there it is.
Look at the necklaces, and I like nothing...absolutely nothing....except the austrian crystals. My goodness...Again...at a cheap store, probably the most expensive stuff in the store.

I have been investigating my In Style magazine, and I really like to look at the flowing styles of this season. Love to think about how my own wardrobe can incorporate itself into these styles, or how I can just add a touch or two, and refresh and outfit, or make it sparkle a bit. I just love jewelry. I wish I had the money to buy really beautiful wonderful jewelry. Even as a child--or teenager--I have more often gone for the classic look than the trendy. I remember being 14, and wanting a gold watch like my grandmother's. The watch has a little gold strap, and the face of it is encrusted in diamonds. For Christmas that year I got a watch with a fake gold strap and a pretty face--but no diamonds. I also got a white swing coat when I was about 16. A heavy winter coat. It was beautiful...like fresh snow...so classy. Even now I love my coats just about as much as my outfits. I remember putting a lot of thought into my accessories. I had a navy blue Liz Claiborne purse, and a navy blue Bible--matching (how silly could I be?...it was the 80's)...and with my white swing coat. I felt so pretty. my mom always said that I have champagne tastes....
I took a little hiatus from this. Near the end of college some events took place in my life which sort of made me not care any more. And I was trying to complete three degree programs--had little money. I had no time to consider things outside of Shakespeare, Goethe, Hitler and Beethoven. Do I regret that? No. But is is a renewed joy now. I have the money to spend (occasionally) and I feel good. --feel good that I can look in the mirror and say--you know I may be cute.:).
Anyway, I love the fashions for this summer. They are so feminine, so classic. There is nothing sweet t likes better than dressing up.:)

No comments: