Well,.......last night i went to sleep later than usual......and i forgot to set my alarm.....and so this morning i woke up and looked at my clock, and it was an hour after my alarm should have sounded!!!!! yikes!!!! Fact of the matter is that I get to school an hour before school starts so it is okay to try and do extra work, but it sure did freak me out. I NEVER forget to set my alarm. Oh well. I am rested. I slept very very well. Besides that...this morning I made my coffee and look over on my bistro table, and see fresh beautiful pink tulips sitting on the table. How lovely in the spring. They are the softest color of pink, and such a signature to me of this wonderful time of the year.
I have worked hard this week. Very, very hard. I have had about 40 students a day more than usual come through my room. Meaning on top of the usual 100. I plan to take it easier today....:) we will see how well that goes.:)
Tonight I am playing a very special piece on my guitar at a recital. I must remind all of my adoring fans:) that I am just a beginner, so please enjoy the fact that I am an old lady trying to learn new tricks.:)
In my leadership class I had everyone make masks. On the outside they made a collage, or drew, etc, waht they think the world sees about them. They could use words from magazines, or pictures, or crayons or whatever...on the inside they had to put what they keep inside, or the qualities they have that they think the world doesn't see. Then I put them all on the bulletin board with the outside of the mask showing. Some of them are really interesting. This one black girl colored the entire outside of the plate black. No words, no pictures...just black crayon...then on the inside it was full of words, full of qualities that she has. If you aren't catching on....she thinks all the world sees is that she is black, and yet she is so much more than that.
I love today! Isn't it beautiful?
No comments:
Post a Comment