Sunday, April 03, 2005

cookies and candleabras

well, somehow this morning...I woke up early. I was going to sleep until my normal time even though it is the time change...but I didn't...I still woke up about an hour early. So I am ready early, and I decided to write a bit in my blog. By the time I actually finish writing this, I bet I will be late for church. The great irony. I just made myself some malto-meal, and french roast coffee....and of course I let the malto-meal boil over in the micro-wave. But I won't let this small things get me down.:) I will CHOOSE to have an entirely great morning. This weekend has been really nice. I spent the weekend with good friends...finally feeling like i have something of a life outside of that blasted school.

I love making things look nice. I am definitely a form over function girl. I love the way my living room looks....love looking at how to make it a homey and classy sort of place. Being able to combine the two...I love having things clean too (It isn't always clean over here, but it really makes me feel good to have things looking nice)....it makes me feel like a beautiful spring day does. Just happy and contented.:) Yesterday was one of those days where I could just sit in my living room (sit in my breakfast nook with the bistro set) and be happy. I am getting more and more bourgeois as I get older. Collecting those "things" as a sign of my comfort, and wealth....things which just sit there with no purpose. Walter Benjamin would say that my life is about to explode...the new big bang...stuff my life so full that it won't be able to do anything but blow up.....the alarm clock which rings every hour for 60 minutes (something lke that).....The cool thing to be is a socialist....i use to want to be cool like that...from about the time of 24-27....but you know....all the self-proclaimed socialists i know are frauds. As Breakfast at Tiffany's says...."she is a phony but a real phony. She really believes all that phoney stuff" That is what most people I know are. They are the idealists who want hippie love, joy, peace, and harmony until after a few years when salaries increase and pottery barn looks appetizing, and children abound...pretty soon it is no longer about saving the world, but surviving the day. What we think we believe and what we believe can sometimes be two different things. Anyway, I think I got off topic. Just meant to tell you that my house is a pleasant place to be. Warm, sophisticated and homey. An extension of who I am....that's what I hope it will be...classy yet comfortable. snickerdoodle cookies and candleabras.

No comments: