Monday, April 11, 2005

Double life--double indemnity...???

I live two lives. Two identities. Or I should say at LEAST two identities. I am a teacher. I spend a grand majority of my life at school. At school I wear slacks, and blazers, and cardigans...professional and nice,....no short skirts, no plunging neck lines. I am mother theresa. I am controlling. I am crazy. The other day in leadership class I made everyone send around a piece of paper with their name on it, and everyone else had to write something nice about the person, and sign their name. I signed papers, and sent one around too. Now, in saying this, you know you have kids who are going to just brown-nose..and they aren't going to say anything bad to the person who controls their grades...but..here are some of the things they said.
Crazy, wild, fun, nice, impressive and respectable, She makes me talk to walls,
My favorite teacher ever--you have helped me out with lots of stuff, and I love you (this was Brad Peters sisters...Brad who died last year).
One of my all time favorites. You always have a smile, and are upbeat.
--They put some things like this. Some of you would be amazed I think to see me in front of my class. I yell, I get mad, I am sarcastic, I am constantly telling people what to do, and telling them how to do it. I laugh constantly, I smile, I joke, I sing, I dance.....it is often a big show from morning till night. Especially when i am in a good mood. I can't be timid. I can't be shy. I can't show any indecision, any wavering. Otherwise they would eat me alive. I must be confident, and quick. I freely tell them when I don't know the answer to something, but at the same time have to make them believe I am smart. This job is really good for me. I need to build some of these qualities in my life, and I think I am. I will always be "sweet" t--(i think)....sweet t is a dreamer, sometimes a woman of thoughts instead of words....but I am less and less afraid of my thoughts. More willing to express them....more confident and sure.....I might not have thoughts like you have thoughts....but so what? I am proud of what my mind has become and I am willing to flaunt it!:) Anyway....i think no matter how much I tell you about school....the people who are not a part of this life have no clue.....can not understand or see this life, or who I am while I am a part of this life. It is as if I am leading a double life. Two lives so wholly unconnected with each other.....but then don't most of us lead this double life?
Enjoy this day sweethearts! There will never be another April 11, 2005 again........i challenge you to try something new....and then tell me about it.

No comments: