hmmmmm....sigh...the end of the day. ready to relax....fall into my couch, look to find those comforts that the evening holds. I am sleepy. I was a little groggy all day long....my classroom was humid. The air was thick, and the students were quiet. We were all being lulled to sleep.
Gorgeous. The world is gorgeous. Eating ice cream with friends at twilight. Exchanging hugs. Feeling lovely, and feeling that the world is lovely. I have a rose winking at me from the top of my bistro table. It is unfurling, blooming. If I ever lose the joy of fresh flowers around my house then please tell me SWEET T you have become too old...too cranky. I have friends who say they would rather their husbands give them the cash or soemthing rather than spend money on flowers. I suppose that would be true if someone was to spend a huge amount on roses...or if they did that very often....but just a small boquet of wildflowers. A few carnations. having that little bit of life and color...even the decaying life and color...makes the house come alive. If i ever get too poor to buy fresh flowers, then I will buy seeds...and plant them...and spread them all over the house, and all over my life.
Monday, April 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment