Tuesday, May 31, 2005

It is Finished....

oh yes. I was in such a good mood this morning. Woke up late. Had Coffee at Panera. All sorts of plans to get my life in order now that summer is here. Books to read, haircuts, tanning, healthy ways of living....:) AND get my house and home finally in order. First order of business, the lawn. Yes the lawn is getting to be a regular hot house jungle. Exotic plants are appearing, and bringing exotic animals to my doorstep. It is time to return to civilization. So I get dressed for heavy work. Yes, I am a girl. I never mowed a lawn until I moved into this house three years ago. I was the baby. Afraid of the heat, afraid of the motors...just had to pout a little bit, and big brother took over....sometimes by choice, sometimes by parents choice....but I never touched a lawnmower until I was 28. Full of decided independence, and excitement about life I took on this chore with vim and vigor. Three years later...it is not so fun. However, living in an atmosphere of tranquility and beauty is fun, and therefore, today I took to the chore with maybe an ounce of excitement, that once again I might enjoy sitting on the porch and looking at the yard. So....as I said, I got dressed. I hear mother Jenn's voice in my subconcious lecturing me about wearing tennis shoes instead of flip flops to mow the yard in. Something about toes being cut off...and now it is with great reluctance that I cover my prided toes...and I go out to the garage. I find a gallon of gas left over from last year! Lucky me. I wasn't sure if I was going to have to make a trip to the station. I pour the gas into the machine, take it near the yard, and start it. To my amazement it starts right away! Usually with my poor little weak hands and arms (and poor poor old lawnmower who each year growls and groins that once again I have brought him out to work in the fields) I must spend quite a time getting it started. But not today. The winds are blowing on me with favor. All is lovely, and the whole world is moving my direction with joyful exuberance! Whatever Sweet T desires today, she will receive. She is favored. I begin to take my journey around the yard with the big machine leading the way. I go around once. I expect my bag thing that catches the grass to be full rather quickly because the grass is so high, but wow! it is still catching! I go around again! Still I must not stop....grass is disappearing into the dark bag, the yard is disappearing into the black bag...all is happy. I start the third round...make it half way through and all of a sudden........whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I hear one of the most horrible noises I have ever heard in my life. Nearly as bad as the sound a baby makes when his eardrum bursts...which happened last night to my nephew btw, :(.....very quickly I turn the lawnmower off. I do not know what happened. I have suspicions of a rock, but the lawnmower is on strike. He will not move, bounce, or even intimate any sort of resemblence of life. It is over. I am afraid, that we will both now be buried in that overgrown mass that I used to call a yard. If you can't find me, if I don't answer...go to my yard. You might find us both laid out there trapped by weeds, and vines, and never to return to that netherworld we call civilization.

1 comment:

jenn said...

but at least your toes are safe : )