Sunday, May 15, 2005

I can't wait for school to be out and I can work in my yard. Every year for about a month I have a mania for yard work. Planting, trimming, making things beautiful. I love to make things beautiful. And there is something about working hard, and sweating, and hanging out in the sun that is invigorating. It climaxes around my birthday, and the yard gets progressively more out of control as the summer continues. But for that month....there is nothing better than fingers and toes which know the feel of that dusty earth, and evenings on the porch...evenings which slip into night...a night of stars. June is the month of romance. The promise of summer while still cool enough to enjoy it. Freedom, and fun. I was born under one of those June stars. They must be the stars of laughter.
As it says in Much Ado About Nothing....
(Pedro:) In faith, lady, you have a merry heart.
(Beatrice:) Yea, my lord; I thank it, poor fool, it keeps on the windy side of care.

(Pedro:)... to be merry best becomes you for out o' question you were born in a merry hour.
(Beatrice:) No, sure, my lord, my mother cried; but then there was a star danced, and under that was I born.
- Much Ado About Nothing

June is my favorite month of the year. Pearls....my birthstone...a month of beauty and class, and merriment. A month of joy. A month of road trips. A month of dancing. A month of silent quiet peace. A month of beautiful mornings, hot afternoons, and mosquito filled evenings. A month when I think of Red River. A month when I think of England. A month when I see the atlantic coast and think of that most beloved Prince Edward Island. A merry month, and a merry girl. A month of hope. Treasure it, and look forward to it....the month of Theresa is a month of hope.

No comments: