Saturday, May 07, 2005

It is finished!

Gold Rush is over. sigh of relief. In many ways it is better than I could have ever dreamed. Things went pretty smoothly. I had much more support, and time this year. Many teachers stepped in to take up the slack. Some of them took off and chauffered the shins instead of playing in my teacher band....but...can you really blame him? If I loved the shins and got that opportunity....

So what else is going on in my life. Lots of thinking...pretty soon I will have some very smart and contemplative posts hanging about this blog. Lots of dreaming...maybe I will share some of those with you too. Lots of loving....keeping this part to myself.:)

Don't you love this time of the year? May. Weather is unpredictable, but so often lovely. It's the time for children's screams, ice cream trucks, and happy flowers. Today mom and I went searchign for the perfect flowers for our yards. Along with the ones given to me that I will soon plant in the yard...i will have a yard seething with local color, and beauty. Today I saw a white porch rocking chair that I want to get. Picture it. A porch...my porch for those who know it. A hanging basket of purple petunias hanging underneath the arch, a pot full of caladiums, and begonias, a yard full of hydrangeas, marigolds, periwinkles, and a hibiscus plant in the front pot. A lone rocking chair swaying in the breeze. I enter. The weather is warm, the sun is out. I look into my yard, and smile a satisfied smile. A butterfly perhaps glides by. I have a tall glass of cold pink lemonade. Beads of water form on the outside of the glass. I sit in the rocking chair, and read a book....glancing from book to utopian setting...back and forth. The sun warms my skin. I grow tired, and sleepy. Afternoon slides by. Book on my lap. A now nearly empty glass of lemonade, my eyes grow heavy. I doze.....the afternoon is complete. The sun is setting. I return to the peace inside.

No comments: