You ever get so mad that you just walk around your house fast and furious trying to get things done just to work off steam. That's what I was last night. I couldn't calm down for a long time. I am not going to tell you what it was about, but it helped me get the kitchen cleaned.
Last night, I went out to give those out of control hedges a haircut. I had new hedge trimmers, and a long extension cord, thanks to the loan of my mom. I was in hedge-trimming heaven..bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. bzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Cutting those hedges down to size. I hear my mom's voice from way back in my childhood training. Beware of cutting the cord. Make sure you keep the cord out of the way. I did well. looking after the cord. Getting those hedges looking beautiful. But there was just this little bit.....little annoying bit that I couldn't reach. Being short like I am, and I kept reaching back for it, and not getting it. Annoying little alfalfa sprouts poking up and taunting me. Then I had a BRILLIANT idea. Go up on the porch and catch it from behind. Ha, ha, ha, you wily hedge. I've got you my pretty! So I go up on the porch and begin to attack from behind...all excited that I have finally got the edge. After a moment of bzzzzzzzz. Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I push the button, and .....nothing. Silence. I push the button again. Silence. What the? I look around at the hedgetrimmers, and low and behold....I have caught the cord in my cut. The cord is destroyed. Now I have to buy my mom a new cord, and my hedges look like the tasmanian devil chopped them up, instead of a very civilized well-mannered, thirty something lady.....ugh. Okay. I have broken the lawnmower, a shovel, and the hedgetrimmers. This does not bode well for the season.
Friday, June 03, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment