The last weekend was so much fun. What more could a girl ask for on her birthday weekend? Friday night Steve and I went to see the Beach Boys. We had VIP passes so I had the close-up direct view of the Mike Love show aka Beach Boys. I don't think i can ever go back to normal seating again...VIP is totally the way to go.:) We had a little deck to sit on that was shaded by trees (it was an outdoor concert and the sun was very hot)...we had our own little barbecue stand back there, and drink stand. They guy that Steve knows would bring us free water whenever we needed it, or wanted it. We could have got in a line to meet the beach boys, but I decided we should just stay where we were and enjoy the evening. It was such a nice evening. So fun to watch all the kinds of people who happened to be thrown together in this VIP section. Especially the single middle aged pervs with their big fat cigars (what are these cigars trying to compensate for?) preying upon very young ladies....the music was fun of course. Don't Worry Baby, God Only Knows....all my favorites were played. The moon rose over the stage as the music continued. Its one of those evenings that if I explain any one event it sort of trivializes it, or seems prosaic....but the atmosphere of the whole evening...all the small little happenings put together made it truly wonderful.
Then Sunday, we went to Robber's Cave. This was a blast. My hotel room in the back looked out over the most beautiful cliffs of the San Bois Mountains...there was a little deck that you could sit on, and watch the evening pass by. The moon was almost full. The stars were out....
We went paddleboating on the lake, and at first it was too sunny, and too hot...but then we paddled over to a place with shade, and just sat out on the lake and gazed at the cliffs, and listened to the sounds in the woods....lots of kids were out swimming in the lake, and we watched them, and listened to the joy of children. The screams, the games....at first they were playing red rover in the lake, and then they started saying....brown water, brown water (instead of red rover, red rover)...haha. Little yappy dogs trying to swim. Fat people, skinny people, beautiful people, and ugly....all mixed together in this big lake of life. I love being somewhere that I want to be, and just sort of observe the life around it. Whether humans, animals, or plants.
On Monday, we went out to Robber's Cave. We hiked around, and saw where those infamous outlaws hung out. The Doolin Gang, the James Brothers. You can actually rock climb in this area if you want to, so the hiking paths were pretty fun. There were really rocks to go around and climb around, and lots of lizards, and other things to see.
All in all, I had a most excellent birthday.
Wednesday, June 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment