Thursday, June 16, 2005
little friends
Today I went shopping, and when I got home I saw my little black cat friend. She was sitting underneath my hedge trying to stay out of the rain. I think she must have fallen asleep during it because she seemed to have that lazy cat walk...half walk, half stretch. Her hair was slightly matted from being wet, and she just looked up at me part wet, part asleep, and said hello. We never sit and talk for long periods of time, but we are both becoming accustomed to the other interuppting, and enriching our own life. Sometimes I wonder if she might not really even exist, but is instead the ghost of my childhood cat. She looks just like her, and although maybe a little sweeter..wouldn't you be sweeter too if you knew the answers to the unknown afterlife, and knew it wasn't so scary after all?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment