you guys are right. I know that everything that was said....none of it was meant to harm, or mean anything other than their best wishes. I mean some of it for goodness sakes, came from my grandma. And there are plenty of people who focused on US too...didn't make comments like i mentioned, but rather said they were happy for us.
We have some friends too, on both our sides, who all of a sudden want to hang out with us because now we are part of a couple. Its understandable in some ways. It is hard sometimes for a girl to get her husband to go out when they are hanging out with another girl, and no guys....and vice versa....but at the same time...you feel somehow that your value has changed, and really all that has changed is that you are including another person in your life. My friends that i hang out with on most weekends aren't like that....i am not saying anything about them at all....they were really cool...just the right amount of attention, and normal-ness.
Well....its almost nine...between hat passes sales, and hall dec being judged this morning, and spirit day dress up counts, and all that.....it's flying by.
Tomorrow is the bonfire and parade. We are going to have an actual float for the German club this year. There has been a techno remake of the "rubby ducky your the one" song in German, and we are going to play that loudly and decorate our float in ducks. It will be funny. Pray for me....last year the thursday night was verging on a complete disaster. But I think that this year is going to be really cool. It seems like everyone has more spirit, and my kids are doing more and more....and I am doing more and more...and my new advisor/helper is doing more and more....i am thinking it might work....:)
1 comment:
I'm just glad you haven't forgotten your single friends : )
Post a Comment