You have probably heard by now. The Caverns is no longer. Crazy, huh? And what is even crazier is the ease with which everyone is slipping out of it. I have never been in a band before, and sure....i realize the chemistry isn't what some have had before with other groups. I feel that. But at the same time it feels like a kind of loss. It kind of reminds me of the differences between me and my friends. I am so internal sometimes. I hate change, and often hold onto things in my life with a very tight grip. Even those things which somehow seem less important than other things to me. I think I was the least dedicated member of that band in some ways, and yet.....i don't know. It is just kind of weird to know that I will probably never do that kind of thing again. Even if Caverns was never to take off, and some people (my parents for instance) may not think what I was doing was "serious" music....i found the people I worked with to be so creative. Each one of them had their own sense about how to make something great, and we had some great moments of creation together. So here is a tribute to the Caverns. So long friends. I will miss those diamond slice and stranger nights with victory gin.
Thursday, September 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
R.I.P. The Caverns
Post a Comment