Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Today

Today is a bummer in some ways.  I did NOT want to get up today.  Mainly because this day is the neverending story.  Grades were due this morning by 8am....being the procrastinator that I invariably am....i still had some catch up to do this morning. Being that I always get here by 7am anyway (after that 30 minute drive)...I knew I would have time to finish this morning.  Seeing as I delayed waking up in terror of my time that I must spend today....i didn't get here until 7:20.  Being that I am uniquely intelligent (even if I am not sure how to spell uniquely) I was able to fudge my way around to skirt, and skim and finish.....
well....now i don't want to work at all...once again, the main reason being that I have to stay here until 7:30pm tonight.   And once the inevitable joy of parent teacher conferences are over, I get to go to a city council meeting so I can get our homecoming parade approved.  Yes, okay.  Normally an event such as this could be looked upon as an adventure.  small town meeting--big time drama...  but when i am falling asleep at 8:30am!....i have no doubt but that I will be a JOY to behold at 8:30pm...after running the entire gamet of emotions with those little delights of terror called students, and their ever loving parents.  On the upside, maybe I will actually get caught up on my work since I will be forced, opressed, and chained to my desk for four hours with nothing to do.
 
Last night (after ranting and complaining above in christain love, and obvious presence of long suffering), I joined a bible study.  I am pretty excited about this.  It is really a CLASS. a very in-depth study.  A few years ago I did this class over Romans.  This year they are doing Genesis.  This will be very interesting for two reasons.  One, last time I studied a doctrinal book.  Abstract, and interesting...really my favorite book of the bible (go ahead and boo-hoo)...and it mostly reconfirmed every idea I had about God, Jesus, and humanity.  Now we are studying Genesis.  It is interesting to me to see the direction my life has taken in the last five years, and what I have grown accustomed to as far as language about God, and how he is viewed.  I am not sure I how I will respond to the over-emotional language.  Somehow I think I need more proof than I used to.  I have always considered myself a very intelligent woman who looks at many sides of an issue.  ...Doubting is second nature to me in many ways....but well....it will be interesting to see how I respond to it.  I have to go.  Being disturbed....you know...by the custodian...yeah..you know...its not like I am emily rose or something......

No comments: