Sunday morning Steve and I went to Panera before church, and we saw the funniest lady. First of all....i am not sure she was a lady. She was dressed like a lady, and had hair like a lady...but....let just say she had very strong cheekbones....she was probably about 50, or older, and was sitting out on the porch by herself. All of a sudden she starts to talk to herself, and not only talk to herself, but motioning to the seat next to her. Very large motions, and lots of body language. She became very animated, hands moving up and down at the seat next to her.
Steve said, "she must see dead people" with that dry sense of humor that he has that few can pull off ...and makes you fall over laughing. I was laughing so hard that I could barely contain myself. The couple next to us saw it too, and were laughing with us. When we left, they changed to our seats, so they could "see the show"....and be less conspicuous. We figured out at some point that she was on a cell phone...but it was still funny because for all the world it looked like she was talking to the chair next to her.
There is a new biography out about Henri Matisse. I am really interested in this. When I went to France, I saw a lot of his art in Paris and then I saw where he lived, and a lot more of his art at the museum in Nice. Apparently, he has been accused of helping the Nazis way back when, but most people think that was just talk. He wasn't liked because he was too bourgeois or something....and nobody has ever done a real biography on him or something. I want to check out what this is all about.:) And this segues easily into the fact that next weekend (sept 15th, etc) there is a movie about artists in France and their role in helping refugees, and Jews, etc during WWII. This sounds slightly fascinating to me.
I have been immersing myself in German lately. One of these days I MIGHT actually learn the language.:P
love ya....
The thing was, it did seem like she had imaginary friends...
No comments:
Post a Comment