Thursday, August 25, 2005

A Wish For Leaders

Example
"i hope you give so much of yourself that some days you wonder if it's worth all the effort....I wish that you could achieve some great good for mankind, but have nobody know about it except for you...I wish for you the experience of leadership"
-Dr. Earl Reum
 
What about this comforts me?  This poem is much longer than this..., but most of it is rather negative.  Why then do I like it?  Does it make me feel like I am not alone?  Does it make me say that it is OKAY to question and wonder if all the work i do is worth it?  That perhaps THROUGH these struggles I am becoming a leader....rather than needing to be a leader first in order to accomplish something....
yes...character building.  Well....sometimes I wonder if I have TOO much character.:)  Always building, never arriving.  But I guess if you look at the really great buildings in this world...something like the cologne cathederal (one of the buildings that has imprinted my mind forever...a symbol of my european vacation)....it takes centuries to complete it.  The truly great buildings are always being built, and tweaked again.  So am I ready to be a work of art?  Continually shaped and pulled into being a woman of character.  A Proverbs 31 kind of woman....woman of substance, and grace.  Am i ready to run with with all my heart, and be ready to lose anyway?  I guess the thing that this poem is saying is a leader is ready to risk it all.  Running with all their heart to the goal  expecting to win, and ready to lose....but the result isn't what is important....
that could be an easy segue into my soccer career....but i am not going there.  After all....rather than rambling about being a leader i might ought to get started on being one.  Tomorrow is our Student Government Jamboree get all excited about homecoming party.....and.......yeah...gots lots to dos....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome picture! I'm a Chartres Cathedral man myself.