Thursday, August 04, 2005
little cat friend
this morning a friend reminded me of a heartwrenching song on the Garden State soundtrack by Colin Hay. It is a song that I have listened to numerous times, but heard again in Colorado. As I thought about this song this morning, I began to get a little melancholy...a little wistful. I was looking at old posts I had written, and thinking about things I had completely nearly forgotten, and came across a post about my little black cat friend. She had become mine. She came running whenever I called, and seemed to never be happier than when she was sitting, and lounging about with me on my porch. I went to Tulsa, and returned to an empty porch. She is missing. Disappeared. It is funny how something of so little real importance can leave a hole in your life. You realize that you enjoyed the little yawns and simple life it had, and allowed you to be apart of, and the obvious enjoyment it had at the attention you gave it. Little cat friend....I miss you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment