so you are wanting to hear more, eh? Well, I got the go ahead to say ANYTHING I want to....so I thought I would describe my last weekend to you a little more.
Steve basically has six siblings, two parents, one grandma......and too many nieces and nephews to count...and yes...great aunt hazel IS alive despite steve being totally convinced that she had passed away. It is a large family. Only one brother, and one sister still live in colorado though. So I met Jeremy, his sister...her husband, and their kid. This kid is a hoot. He is totally hyper(totally not a suprise for one of steve's nephews). He is now five and obsessed with star wars, spider man, and peter pan. Peter pan vs. Captain Hook has been going on since he was three when he owned a peter pan costume which he would wear EVERY day no matter where they were going. grocery store, church, wherever.....always in his little green outfit, cap, and pointed shoes. He is a hero. Friday night he had light sabers and was Luke Skywalker. The first thing Jeremy did when she walked in was give me a hug, and I said, "you must be jeremy" and she said "that's right. I am the bossy one." I don't know if she is bossy, but she is talkative, and she was either talking to me, or glancing at me the entire evening. Her husband Kevin is very quiet, but very nice.
I also met Steve's brother Russell and his wife, Kim. Kim can't eat any dairy products, and she had made a seven layer dip just for me. Well......I asked her what was in it, and she said sour cream, and guacamole and cheese, and black olives, etc. So then Steve's mom, who didn't hear what she said, told me that Kim makes these dishes without dairy...no sour cream, or cheese, or anything...and I was like, huh? And I find out that this is actually NOT sour cream, or cheese of anything.....rather faux items of this sort.....well....i have to say it was very interesting...mostly avacados....eating it with potato chips. She said, "I am getting so much better at cooking."......hmmmmmm.....she was dying for us to eat it.....she had made it JUST FOR US. I asked steve if he wanted some, and he said no.....i knew she wanted to give us some, and I knew that I didn't want to eat much of it, so I said, "you can share some of mine."
Steve won't let me live that one down....he said he was so close to freedom....and I dragged him back down under the oppression of gross chip dip. Well...anyway....
Steve's dad is so sweet. Imagine Steve 35 years from now, and you have Ted Kluge. Quiet, and yet talkative. Unsure of expressing emotion, and yet very emotional. Before I left he said..."I am not sure how serious this is, but I am going to give you a hug." Went on and on explaining himself while wrapping me in a bear hug. So cute.
Grandma Kluge was quiet, and sensible. fiesty, and independent. Interesting, and smart. I liked her a lot.
Well there's a lot of them....but I think I am starting to figure it out. Joe and Alisha in South Dakota, David James and Lalonie in Florida...other brother Dave in Kansas City, Robert in Comanche. Jennifer, and Mark in Texarkana....and...
I kept telling steve all weekend....no sweetheart...grandma kluge's sister hazel is still alive...it is aunt evelyn who passed away.....
fun stuff. Steve really loves his family. He was so excited for me to meet all of them (if not a little nervous) He is a really loyal, and caring man,...one of the things I love about him.
Thursday, August 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment