yeah....i'm writing a lot. I feel very contemplative lately. About a lot of things. The silence pounds in the background. The sound of silence....
isn't today lovely? The cool breeze has settled over the city. It feels more like Arizona, or Colorado here this morning than Oklahoma. The buds on my Mandevilla are about to bloom. I have waited all summer to see this. There are perhaps 7 or 8 flowers which are about to burst. The irony is, they will probably be full out while I am in Colorado. Maybe a miracle will happen,and they will wait for my return. yes, I am always waiting for miracles. Hoping for that slice of joy to be dropped into my lap. I know....too many smiles....but I can't help it. The silence sometimes urges us to look around. look around and see the many blessings.
sometimes the silent times are the most rewarding....we stop using our lips, and start hearing the reverberation of creation. We feel the dew fly off the top of Panera and hit us as if it were raining...we see the puffy white clouds, we smell the breeze....we realize if God placed us in a world where these tiny moments of eternity can be felt and seen....then maybe this life IS bearable after all.
I am mother to a chocolate lab this week. He is just the most dear dog on the face of the planet. He and I are beginning to connect. Yes, I admit it. Even I too can love a dog.
Have a brilliant day!
Wednesday, July 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment