I have a friend who just started a blog. It reminded me back to that time when I first started this one. That was about six months ago. I remember the excitement of publishing who I am, and what I am about to who knows who out there. It is sort of like being an exhibitionist....you agree to tell someone else about yourself. Mostly to people you trust....that is after all who usually reads one's blog...but you are opening the door for anyone and everyone to come into your life and see who you are. I remember at first I was very guarded. I only wanted a few select people to read it and know where it was.....and then the location began to be published on other people's blogs, and I was like woahhhhhh!....but once i became comfortable with the idea I was glad of it. After all, why not show who I am to the world? What have I to hide? The things we feel we must hide the most are usually things people have figured out about us already anyway....they can read between the lines and see...and so why not state it outright? Say, yep. Your right. That is who I am. In that sense, writing a blog is freeing. Liberating to show everything you are....liberating even to find out who you are through a means of writing, contemplation, and thought on your life. And even though there is rarely a response to what one says, it is better than a journal, or a diary, because you know that at least a few people are hearing what you say, and it is a dialogue. A way to reach out, and be heard.
I read my new vogue today. Madonna is the featured celebrity this month. She is such a poser. Everyone says they admire Madonna..the way she has changed and evolved, always moving more towards herself they say. Perhaps she is. But I think she likes to play dress up much more than anything, and take on new leading lady roles all the time. Her whole life is one big play....and maybe that isn't so bad. She is now the english countryside housewife. She looks like June Cleaver in her pearls and cardigan when she feeds the chickens.
We are what we think.....renew yourselves today through the transformation of your mind. Remember that God loves you, and a whole lot else falls by the wayside when you just know and believe that. you have a friend in me.....la,la, la,..........
Tuesday, July 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment