My life is full of the little things right now. Little glorious moments. Hardly worth mentioning, and yet sometimes these little moments are what's real. Put the little moments together and pretty soon you have a life. I am trying to eliminate some of the clutter in my life. The back two unmentionable rooms. Taking time to smell the roses, and sit on the porch. Watch a bit of life at the local coffee houses... both preppy and hippie houses. Learning a little bit more about myself and this thing called life. Everyone always says....boy I wish I could be you. Have 3 months off....the thing is though...even with three months off why do teachers statsically die earlier than many other professionals? My gray hair stands to show the stress I sometimes face. These breaks are what keeps us going. It is one of the few perks we have. I will confess though that i love it. I love the time. I love the vacation. I love the freedom. I love the feeling of completion, and the feeling that every year starts afresh....a new beginning.
I love the ability to take off at a moments notice to the exotic lands of tahiti, or the canyons of Arizona. I love the change. I love the structure of the year, and the freedom of the summer. It is the perfect job for me. The only thing that might be better would be college teaching. okay, so my little secret is out. Maybe one day I will actually go for that PhD.
Today, the first day of July is rainy. I think i might go sit on the porch and watch this soft summer rain. Watch the flowers raise their heads in anticipation of God's gift to them, and listen to the stable pitter patter of rain against the house, and feel the joy ....all under the protection of my porch of course....but who knows maybe I will not be able to contain myself and will have to jump off my porch and dance around under this mantle of warm rain that has been sent. Lift my own face up to the sky, just like nature, and rejoice.
Friday, July 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment