I feel like writing today. I am not sure what this post will be about yet, but when the writing mood hits you....and it has been building since last night...well...you gotta write.
GOTTA WRITE! GOTTA WRITE!
So here is what has been going on with me lately....: nothing. Isn't it funny that two people might have the same life, and one person will say oh my life is so exciting, and the other will say...mmmmm...nothing is going on at all. So, to most people, I would say nothing is going on at all, but i think for you folks out there in blogland i might try to spin it a little differently.
First of all i am in the middle of two books. The first is The Twins of Tribeca by Rachel Pine. It is about a public relations assistant who works for a fictional film company called Glorious. You learn however, that Rachel herself worked for Mirimax pictures in much the same function as Karen does in the story. As a tell all book about Mirimax pictures and the Weinstein brothers it is pretty interesting. As a novel where fiction is supposed to take place....boresville. The main fun is seeing the parallels to real life, and if you don't know the parallels, you will probably find no enjoyment in the book.
The second book i am reading is called the preservastionist by David Maine. So far I am really enjoying this one. It is the story of Noah told not only by Noah, but his whole family. It fleshes out the story to include other cultures, and what the people around Noah might have thought as the story unfolds. I will have to let you know more about this one.
On reserve at the library I also have: A Long Way Down- Nick Hornby, Memoirs of Catherine the Great, the Devil wears Prada, and the first book in the wheel of time series by Robert Jordan.
Besides reading, I have been scrapbooking a little again....Chrissy, maybe we should set up a scrapbooking night.:)............and cooking delicious food. Last night I made this to die for pie....and it took me like five minutes...it included instant pudding, cool whip, instant hazlenut coffee, and a chocolate graham cracker crust. yum. I also made Chicken Teryiaki with vegetables and rice.
The Caverns played the other night. I was decked out in sequins. just a few splashes i promise. No liberace. But it was probably the most fun I have had at a show since the first one. I was in a way good mood. I am in a good mood most of the time these days......:)
I will let you know some more about me later today.......when jupiter aligns with mars....
Friday, July 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"Gotta Write! Gotta Write!"
Was that meant to be read to the tune of "Gooooooootta dance, gotta dance, go-tta daaaaaaance?" What is that from anyway? :)
Post a Comment