Wednesday, October 05, 2005

sweet nothings

Well, here I am a survivor.  Homecoming is over, and it went beautifully.  The parade was gorgeous and more wonderful than I have ever seen it.  The bonfire was huge, and we roasted a paper chicken above it (representing the football team we were to play) the music was fun...even though I had to play music nazi with the girl who was in charge....the pep rally and assemblies went pretty well.  The food was good.  There was much more spirit than I have ever seen before here at this school, and it is nice to think that I might have had something to do with it.  Steve came up here, more out of curiosity I think than anything, to see all the to-do that he knew I had been stressed about for weeks now.  He had worked 12 hours that day and still came to choctaw to see me.  He might have come partly because I told him that thursday night last year was one of the worst days of my entire year....i had teachers yelling at me, and everything was on the verge of falling apart at every moment.  I had released control of that part of the week to the other advisor....mistakenly putting my trust in her and her student committee.  Basically nothing got done until that afternoon.  So I was nearly in tears by the end of the night.....but....this year went amazingly well, but having a shoulder to  cry on if things went nutsy was really nice.  He couldn't believe that kids could get this excited about their school.  Steve is the national advocate for the lets have no school spirit league.  It is really funny to me that steve hates public school system, hates most teachers, hates school spirit, and any group, and team building activities, and he is marrying a school teacher who is almost single handedly in charge of creating the spirit and leadership of her school.  hahahahhahahahaha....cracks me up.   Which even shows his love to me all the more when he will come and support me in it even though he doesn't understand it.
We are going to join the weight room, and start working out together several times a week.  Steve used to lift weights and stuff, and he is going to do aerobic activity and lift weights....and I will do the aerobic activity, and classes, and tan and stuff like that.  should be fun.:) 
We have also started a bible study together.  I just love it.   I love talking about the Bible with him , and hearing those sweet words flow from his mouth and heart.  We are trying to determine three verses to base our future marriage on.  As we talk more and more about the covenant relationship we are moving into...i feel the sacredness and importance of this ceremony.   We WILL become one flesh.  I mad about the way people are reacting to us(some sort of step that final makes us have value or something), but really it is a very beautiful sort of act.  Going before God, and pledging your commitment and love to each other and God.  God and us in this together.  It is a covenant.  Unbreakable, and so incredible beautiful.  As iron sharpens iron....God will use us in the other's life to create something gorgeous.  I long for us to be a reflection of God's love.  That through us others might see love, and even find healing for themselves.  And by the grace of God be healed ourselves, and one day made perfect.  Steve is far from perfect, but he has a practical wisdom that i so admire.  He understands love bascially like I do.  And we always think those wise who think like us, right?:)
Wednesday may be on docket for today, but SUNDAY"S comin!  The day of rest.  The day of redemption.  The day of perfection.  The day of completion.
Yipee!  as my dad would say, "THE ADVENTURE IS BACK!
Today is National "Do something nice for someone day" ....Bring the TAB into your life, and do a random act of kindness....
love you with an overflowing heart,
sweet t

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Teri- I honestly don't think that anyone suddenly thinks that you and Steve "matter" now that you are engaged. I think that people are just excited about this new stage in your life and happy for you both, because you seem so happy together, not because you are a couple and now you are important...
love, Maria