Gossip hurts. Remember when you gossip that you are hearing information second-hand, and you rarely really understand the situation, or know what is going on. You are hearing something through the perspective of another, and that alone colors the truth of what you hear. Wouldn't it be nice if we lived in a world that didn't hurt each other with our words, or even our lack of words, or words said behind our backs.
Why are we so curious about that information which wasn't meant for our ears anyway?
I will let you know one thing. Gossip is usually blown completely out of proportion, and turns into a dramatic situation which was never intended to be so.
Let it go, and leave it alone. Be the stronger one, and say you don't want to hear it. If you want to know something ask the source, and they can decide whether to tell you or not. And ask yourself....is this something that you SHOULD have known in the first place, and if not, why did you hear it?
Be strong today and make a decision. Encourage each other to success, rather than destorying another person's world.
2 comments:
Hello, my name is Jeffrey Logan and I am a friend of Sweet T, and her fiancé Steve. I do not usually write on blogs, but I felt I should write something in response to this message on gossip. I feel like me and others prompted this message about gossip to be written.
Some of Steve’s friends and I talked about Steve behind his back. You can call it gossip if you like. We said that we miss having Steve watch Monday Night Football with us. Someone said Steve was unhappy with Church right now. I said, wow I did not know he was upset about the Church. I said, I know he has been working some long hours, I wonder if work is kicking his butt. We all said I wonder how we can help Steve be happy about the Church. We talked about how we could love Steve more and show him that we all care about him a lot.
I apologize for gossiping and talking behind Steve’s back, but I don’t apologize for caring about Steve, and wondering if he is OK. We all love Steve and would never say anything negative about Steve, or try to hurt him. We did talk about Steve behind his back, but it was because we cared about him.
Love,
Jeffrey Logan
Hello, my name is Jeffrey Logan and I am a friend of Sweet T, and her fiancé Steve. I do not usually write on blogs, but I felt I should write something in response to this message on gossip. I feel like me and others prompted this message about gossip to be written.
Some of Steve’s friends and I talked about Steve behind his back. You can call it gossip if you like. We said that we miss having Steve watch Monday Night Football with us. Someone said Steve was unhappy with Church right now. I said, wow I did not know he was upset about the Church. I said, I know he has been working some long hours, I wonder if work is kicking his butt. We all said I wonder how we can help Steve be happy about the Church. We talked about how we could love Steve more and show him that we all care about him a lot.
I apologize for gossiping and talking behind Steve’s back, but I don’t apologize for caring about Steve, and wondering if he is OK. We all love Steve and would never say anything negative about Steve, or try to hurt him. We did talk about Steve behind his back, but it was because we cared about him.
Love,
Jeffrey Logan
Post a Comment